I haven’t done a blogger tag in such a long time, remember when that used to be a thing? I lived for it! I loved doing tags on the blog as it was my way of taking a break from regular reviews, fashion edits and exploring, to expose my readers to a different side of me and let you know that it is in fact a person behind the keyboard and not a bot. I have been participating in random blogger tags since I started my blog back in 2012 and you can check them all out (if you like) – The Beauty Blogger Tag, The Beauty Blogger, Confessions Of A Blogger, The Lipstick Tag and The Beauty Tag. This is actually a Youtube tag but I decided to bring it over to my blog and here it is…
30 Beauty Questions Tag
1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
♥Yes, definitely! It was Tinkerbell lipstick that my mom bought. I used to cherish it.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
♥I prefer a voluminous and lifting mascara that won’t run, cause panda eyes and irritate my eyes. The closest that I have come to this is the Clarins Supra Volume Mascara.
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?♥I like a medium coverage most of the time but will do a full coverage foundation when I am feeling boujee.
4. Favorite high end brand?
5. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
♥YSL. Bless the day I can afford YSL makeup.
6. Favorite drugstore brand?
7. Do you wear fake eyelashes?
♥No I haven’t tried it before. Luckily I was blessed with long-ish lashes but I would really like to try lash extensions.
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
♥Foundation. Nothing gets me going more than a good foundation.
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
♥I buy products at random and would most likely pop an item in my basket if I find it intriguing.
11. Do you have a “beauty budget” or you spend freely?
♥I always have a budget in place or else I would reach “broke status” real fast.
12. Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
♥ALL THE TIME. I love using my Clicks Cashback Rewards.
13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
♥Foundation and Lipstick. It’s a 50/50 for me.
14. Is there a brand that you absolutely can’t stand?
♥I don’t have any, as I like to give each brand/product a fair chance.
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
♥I don’t – even though I know that I probably should.
16. Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
♥Clicks and Edgars.
17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
♥I love testing out new skincare, especially face washes and moisturizers.
18. Favorite bath and body brand?
♥Bath & Body Works. I hate that we don’t have stores in South Africa so I have to wait till someone spoils me with items from overseas.
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
♥Urban Decay. I am a huge fan!
20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
♥Benefit Cosmetics – hands down.
21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
♥Not anymore. I used to belong to Beauty Bulletin but couldn’t manage my blog and posting there.
23. 5 Favorite Beauty Gurus
♥Tati, Jaclyn Hill, Laure Lee (before she became problematic), Desi Perkins and Makeup By Michael Finch.
24. Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
♥Sometimes, but most of the time find them gimmicky.
25. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
♥I used to be but feel like I have grown so much since watching YT videos and having my bestie teach me so much about makeup.
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
♥Yes I have to or else my oily eyelids eats my eyeshadow.
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
♥Little to none as I wear a scarf 90% of the time.
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
♥Foundation and then my concealer.
29. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
♥I wish I could do a makeup course but they are so expensive in SA.
30. What do you love about makeup?
♥The confidence it gives you even though I believe that the way you perceive yourself shouldn’t be based on a full face of makeup or covering up your “”imperfections”. I just feel that makeup is such a powerful tool and that you should have fun with it.