I’m an avid blogger tag participatory. I also make frivolous terms sound like its actually something. What I’m actually trying to say is that I love blogger tags and will most likely participate in one because its so interesting to learn a little bit more about the person behind the blog. They’re also fun, no?
Today I have a beauty blogger tag that I’m sharing on the blog. I came across a Pinterest post and thought that it would be an awesome little blog post for City Girl Vibe. If you want to participate in the tag, go ahead! Please tag me in your posts as I would love to read!
♥ Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
– As I mentioned in my Confessions Of A Blogger Tag, I started my blog after I blogged for a few websites and companies. Because I had a set way of writing that I had to conform to, it was really hard for my personality to shine in my writing and at times I even got bored of what I was writing. I also needed a space where I could build my brand because I know it will benefit me in the long run. Combining the two reasons, City Girl Vibe got life. Fours years down the line and this blog is no baby anymore. I’m surprised I’m still blogging because I get bored of something really easily.
♥ Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
– When I started reading blogs, there weren’t a lot of South African blogs around or maybe I just haven’t noticed them. I started watching the series “The Hills” and came across Lauren Conrad. I then bugged my good old friend Google and came across her website which I started reading religiously. Through LC’s website I discovered Anna James’s blog called Fash Boulevard and she still remains my fave blogger to date.
♥ What was the first blogosphere hyped about product that you bought? Was it worth the hype?
– BB Cream had just hit the market, beauty bloggers labeled it as the holy grail of blemish cover ups and I knew that I just had to have it. At the time Garnier was the first brand to bring BB cream to South African shores and I was lucky enough to receive a press drop. I have to admit that my first impression of it weren’t so good but over the few weeks it established that holy grail status in my makeup routine. Its still the only product I would repurchase when it runs out.
♥ What are your five favourite things about blogging and being a Beauty Blogger?
– Reviewing a product that I’m honestly impressed with and having readers say that they’ve tried it too and absolutely love it.
– Getting recognition for my work be it from friends, family, PR companies, followers … It means the world to me.
– Making new friends in the blogging world and sharing my love for blogging with like minded individuals.
– I love comments. It just shows me that someone took the time to leave a comment and let me know their thoughts.
– The opportunity to try new things be it products that I bought with my own money or products being sent to me. Its an extra goody when the product isn’t on the market yet.
♥ What have you learnt from being a Beauty Blogger?
– You don’t have to use Chanel this or Dior that to get a really great product. A product might work for one blogger and not for you. You’re entitled to your own opinion and the bloggersphere isn’t high school where you have to agree with what everyone else says, does or go.
♥ Have you changed anything since becoming a Beauty Blogger?
– Many! Definitely my makeup routine, I don’t use body lotion on my face like I used to before becoming a beauty blogger. Another thing that I’ve changed since becoming a beauty blogger is my respect for photographers that style pictures that goes in magazines. Its-not-easy!
♥ What advice would you give to a beauty blogger just starting out?
– Do / Blog how you see fit and how you want it because the moment you do it how other bloggers do it, you start comparing yourself. Your blog is your space to showcase your creativity and put your own spin on things. The bloggersphere is huge and there’s a space for everybody so never try to replicate anybody. Just do it YOUR way. Oh and have fun!
♥ What are your top 5 makeup brands?
– Design (By Edgars)
– Rimmel London
♥ Recommend your top 5 beauty products (all linked to reviews!)
-Revlon Matte and Lacquer Balms (Read Here)
-Victoria’s Secret : Such a flirt range (Read Here)
-Garnier BB Cream: Miracle Skin Perfector (Read Here)
-Maybelline: Clear smooth all in one powder (Read Here)
-Catrice defining duo blush (Read Here)