So today I’m going to have a little convo with myself on City Girl Vibe because I’m crazy like that and because I know I’m going to be a little scarce again. University starts Tomorrow and on the 15th Ill be writing exams AGAIN. I can’t believe how fast time is going. It feels like just the other day when I attended Orientation week feeling like a small little tadpole in a shark’s territory. So much is happening and I’m more excited about life and future ventures than ever before!
So here goes : Lately…
-I’ve been doing more… “Me” and less “What other people expects me to do/be” and its been wonderful!
-I’m really loving… My little kitten “Toffee Apple”. He’s the most annoying bunny looking kitten EVER but I heart him.
-I’m really Looking Forward to… Month End. I need to do some more autumn/winter shopping because the weather in Cape Town is changing. There’s a chill in the air and my Mr Price wishlist just got a whole lot longer.
-At the moment… I really do believe in the quote “No one is going to hand me success. I must go out and get it myself. That’s why I’m here. To dominate. To conquer. Both the world and myself.” – Unknown.
-I can’t stop playing… Angry Birds. It just never gets old. I find myself dreaming about it. The last thing I bought myself… Was two pairs of jeans for the chilly days ahead. I don’t really like wearing long pants but with new booties, they’re my best friend!
-I thought… That I’m over Pinterest but once I get pinning, there’s no stopping.
-I’m really missing… Glee. This season has been dragging and the long breaks in between are just too much.
-Sometimes… I prefer animals over humans.
-I’ve got a… Lovely giveaway coming up in the next week so keep an eye out for that lovies!
I’ve been MIA from the bloggersphere for ±3 weeks and I’m happy to report that I’m back. I’ve had a hectic few weeks consisting of exams, presentations and assignments but with constant motivation from my fellow blogging buddies and Twitter friends… It’ll definitely be worth it in the end!
With that being said, I’m back with a new look for City Girl Vibe so let me know what you think. So here’s what’s been happening :
-Last week I was nominated and selected (by vote) as the Rep for my course at University. I was definitely overwhelmed but also very excited. I MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!
-I’ve been wanting a professional camera since forever and now after months of sweat I finally have one. I’ve been making friends in photography on campus just so they can teach me the ropes of using it and that hopefully means better quality images on City Girl Vibe.
-Desle sent me some fab Catrice goodies for my birthday a few weeks ago and I can’t wait to review them. I’ve only been using this brand ever since. If you haven’t heard of Catrice before then you’ve definitely been living under a rock.
-I’ve been zooming around the city every weekend because I’m going for my license in a few weeks and I’m nervous as hell but yet excited!
So that’s what I’ve been up to lately and I’m happy to see people’s been visiting my blog everyday.
I’m loving January thus far. Today is my last day at home for a long time so I’m just trying to enjoy it. I’ve got quite a few fave things for January that’s been making my life “easier” and that I’ve been enjoying.
Its officially 13 days to my birthday… Yaaay me! Enough with the rambling. Here’s my favourite items on my January list :
- Moroccan Oil : I started using Moroccan Oil as soon as I Ombre’d my hair and its the most amazing oil that I’ve ever used! I also love the smell of it. A little goes a long way and is even suitable for all hair types.
- Essence Makeup Brushes : I’ve blogged about my obsession with makeup brushes before and these two are my absolute fave. Whenever I go to Clicks, I have to pick up one of their brushes to add to my collection. But Ill do a full post on it sometime next week.
- Garnier BB Cream : I’m loving Garnier’s BB cream that I got with my Pro Active range here and Ill do a full review on it for Thursday. Definitely a life save for someone like me that doesn’t wear much makeup. Very affordable too, compared to other BB creams.
- Mr Price Turquoise Denim Skirt : My most loved clothing item that I bought in December is definitely this turquoise denim skirt from Mr Price. It looks super cutesy when dressed up. Besides… Its from Mr Price! My “go to” store. I wish I bought it in every colour but unfortunately there’s only this colour left.
- Kimmidoll Notebook : My Kimmidoll notebook is my lifesaver. I paid R179 for it at Exclusive Books and I use it for all my notes, blogposts and things that I have to attend to. It has a cute little lock on it. I wish I had one in each Kimmidoll.
On this very day a month from now, It’ll be my birthday and I turn the big 21. Being the “list-maker” and “wishlist maker” that all my regular CGV readers knows me to be… I have one helluva birthday wishlist. I’m not doing this because I’m picky or want expensive gifts, I’m doing it to :
#1 Save You Time. #2 Prevent You From Getting Me Something That I Wouldn’t Like and #3 To make me a happy chappie.
So my dear lovely friends/family/people who wants to spoil me. I’m turning 21 which means its just fitting that I get 21 gifts right? RIGHT! Here goes…This is what I want
1. I want a Macbook so that I can skype with my aunt that lives in UAE!
I’m a huge Hoity Toity fan for as long as I can remember. I love how small their perfume bottles are but yet long lasting. Two spritz of perfume are enough to last the whole day and the next time you wear the clothing item, the smell is still present in it. My current Hoity Toity Collection.
What I love about Hoity Toity is that the brand never gets “old”. They always bringing out new ranges and new little additions to the brand. I sometimes use a different perfume in between my Hoity Toity love affair just to switch things up a bit and usually it takes time saving for it but Hoity Toity = Style in a bottle… ON A BUDGET!
My Hoity Toity love affair started with a can of Chic Alors… *Gasps* love at first smell! Hoity Toity’s gift sets makes for stunning christmas stocking fillers so hop along to Edgars or Clicks make somebody’s Christmas a little more merrier.
Now I need my collection to grow and this on my lust have list
Its the little things in life that keeps me busy and busy me = happy me. Its 22 days into November and I’m fast learning what I’m loving and loathing this month. If I had to sum up what I loved each and every month of the year, I’d have one word and it would be SHOPPING. Seeing that its the start of the festive season and the stores are packed most of the time all the time, I try to avoid my home away from home shopping malls at all cost!
With that being said…Let me head to the mall, I saw a huge 50% off sale. These are the things keeping me busy and that I’m loving:
-Vichy Thermal Spa Water is a must have handbag essential this summer. In my review I mentioned that this was one of my best ever reviews on City Girl Vibe because I loved using it from the first spritz.
-I’m absolutely in-love with my purple Beats headphones that my mommy love bought me. In my Spring Wishlist I said that I wish I had the Skull Candy headphones but these babies are darn awesome! This is what I use to switch off from the world from time to time.
I’ve been loving this dress since it appeared on my Spring Wishlist and then finally buying it with my first Mr Price Online shopping experience. Now that its warmer days, I can finally wear it and it looks super pretty.
Totally obsessed with my Sweetheart – Revlon Just Bitten kissable Balm Stain, would have to be an understatement. I really can’t wait to get my hands on the few that I mention in my review earlier this week. I’m Smitten!
I can’t exactly say that I’m under any stress and that I use my Spa-Valous Candle to relax me but I do use it as an excuse to burn it for no reason. I just love the heavenly smell and how good it feels when massaging it into my skin.
Today marks the start of November and also “Movember”.
What is Movember you ask? The word “mo” for mustache and “November” is an annual, month-long event involving the growing of mustaches during the month of November to raise awareness of prostate cancer and other male cancer initiatives.
Last month I did a post on breast cancer awareness so this month I thought why not about Movember! Just like early detection is crucial for females with lumps, its the same with men and prostate cancer so please please please guys (if guys even read my blog), girls educate your man, mothers make your sons aware…
I love how everybody goes all out and supports this cause along with bros with mo’s … Girls can’t exactly grow a mustache but we can however join in and make some funky nail art, wear accessories and even clothes!
I’m definitely going to pimp my nails out and purchase some accessories when I spot them in store. For more info on Movember, check out Movember South Africa’s website to learn more about it and found out how you can donate and all that jazz!
I’m beyond happy at the moment, so many great things happening in my life right now and I’m overly grateful and blessed.
In a matter of 2 months we’ll be kissing 2012 goodbye and I can happily report that spring/summer has finally kicked in here in the mother city. No more rain just crazy south easterly winds but I’m not complaining at all! A new month means new goals and new things to look forward. Here goes…
1. As soon as I started with this post the first thing that sprung to mind is definitely a new Blackberry! My Blackberry is dying a slow painful death, I have to use a makeup brush to turn the volume higher + lower and its super embarrassing taking it out in public. I Instagram’ed a pic of it and then I only realised how embarrassing it really is. I can’t live without my Blackberry!
2. My eldest sister’s birthday. My sisters and I are extremely close even though we fight A-L-O-T we are thick as thieves. We are so different, total opposites … The one is into finance, the other into science and me fashion + beauty… Personalities are bound to clash sometimes ALL THE TIME.
3. I might just head down to Canal Walk on Friday to meet a few cast members of The Days Of Our Lives. It pretty much reminds me of my VIP experience.
4. I’ve been crazy about Ombre since forever and I needed abit of encouragement to get my hair Ombre’d and with my complimentary hair makeover from Carlton, I’m definitely getting it done! Ill post about it later in November.
5. At the top of my list is the return of Glee. I hate the 5 week break that they’re taking due to the superbowl(I think that’s what its called.) I’m a Gleek… Judge if u must hehehe
6. I’m really looking forward to incorporating Vichy‘s Thermal Spa Water into my daily skincare routine. At first I thought it was a deodorant but with a little assistance from google I got a bit clued up.
It seems that the months are speeding by so fast and December is right on our doorstep. I for one am not complaining at all because I’m so over wintery days coming and going. It feels like just yesterday that I was counting down the days to August and then September.
Drafting this post I’m stuck in bed with the flu AGAIN and I’m more grumpy than usual but OD’ing on flu meds is what keeps me going hehe. One would think that days are becoming warmer now that September is finally here and there’s only a few hours separating us from October but heck we feeling the icy weather now more than what we did in winter with Spring/Summer giving us a teaser a few odd days in between.
Well enough with my ramblings! October is literally a few hours away and that means a few hours closer to December… The month summer memories are made of + the time of the year where the red bus becomes my best friend. I have a few things I’m looking forward to and this is how it goes…
•I’ve been reading about Balm Balm in each and every mag + blog and now thanks to Ms claira Bella, I am finally going to try out their goodies! I’ve only read good things about them so I’m beyond excited
•For some reason I’ve always wanted a hair curler. Yes I have a ghd that can do the same job but I just can’t do it and since I’ve had a Kalahari voucher for months, I thought why not spoil myself with a Tweety hairstyler before it expires.
• I’ve been going extra snail mode with my “Sweet Little Lies” Lauren Conrad book because I don’t want it to end until I have the third book and now I can finally finish it. With the remaining moola of my Kalahari voucher I bought the 3rd book called “Sugar and Spice”.
•Its Eid again and that means family time + yummy food – me having to cook that day = Christmas in my world .
•October is my 1 year Bloggerversary and I can’t believe its almost a year since I started City Girl Vibe but that’s a whole new post on its own. I’m thinking of having a giveaway with all my fav goodies… A handbag packed with some beauty products and jewellery«- Perfect for summer.
•Sometime last week I tried Mr Price‘s online store and now this has become a little obsession… A very “girl you’re gonna be broke more often than usual” kinda obsession. I’m awaiting my second order but that is another post on its own.
•Most importantly looking forward to the sun coming out, Which means Me catching a tan Change of season = new beginnings.
I’ve never blogged about a movie before but because I really love dance movies and choose it over any other kind of movie, I thought I’d give it a go.
I was fortune enough to watch Step Up Revolution when it was released two weeks ago and in all honesty, was quite disappointed when comparing it to previous Step Up movies. There were parts in the movie that was actually fun but not entertaining enough to give me that “Yeah Buddy!!!” Effect. Comparing the 4 movies, its way too “de-ja-vu” even when looking at the posters.
I would not pay to watch the movie and if I did pay for it with my own money I would be a bit frustrated but I guess that’s a chance one has to take when choosing a movie. If I had to choose between any of the Step Up movies, I’d definitely go with Step Up 3D because I was a big Mousse fan. I was looking forward to seeing more of him in Step Up Revolution and was left hanging till the end of the movie when he made an appearance.
What I would have loved: That Step Revolution continued with the story line from the end of Step Up 3D where it shows that Mousse and the team come up with new adventures and continues the legacy of Luke and living in the Volt… Hell I’m no movie producer but that’s just my opinion.
I am however grateful for the team at NM and TZ for inviting me and giving me the awesome Step Up merchandise, it will be much appreciated for those days when lazing around on Clifton Beach. I will also watch the movie again to see where I missed bits and pieces. If you’ve watched it, what do you think? Love it or Leave it?